Managing Partner / Patent and Trademark Attorney
Over 15 years of Intellectual Property experience
J.D., University of Maryland School of Law
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Catholic University of America
Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, M.S.U.
Associate’s of Science degree in Engineering, Community Colleges of Baltimore County
Previous Patent Examiner at the USPTO
Previous Design / Electrical Engineer (at Lockheed Martin Corporation, etc.)
Experience and training at in-house U.S. Fortune 100 Company
Mr. Aslan Ettehadieh, Esq., started his career as a Design /Electrical Engineer working for companies such as Lockheed Martin Corporation (LMCO). While working at LMCO, Mr. Ettehadieh began his experience and training in Intellectual Property. In addition, Mr. Ettehadieh obtained his Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering while at LMCO. Following his advanced Engineering degree and working at LMCO, Mr. Ettehadieh worked as a Patent Examiner for the USPTO for many years. Mr. Ettehadieh also obtained his law degree from the University of Maryland School of Law. After working for almost a decade for one of the top Intellectual Property Law firms in the nation, Mr. Ettehadieh founded ASLAN LAW.
Mr. Ettehadieh writes opinions and counsels clients on issues of patentability, infringement, validity, reexamination, licensing, product clearance, risk analysis, and software issues. He also advises clients on patent portfolio management and strategic counseling. In addition, Mr. Ettehadieh lectures around the world on many topics including best practices for U.S. patent protection.
- Washington D.C.
- New Jersey
- Registered to practice before U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Juris Doctor in Law, 2011 – University of Maryland School of Law
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, 2005 – Catholic University of America
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, 2002 – Morgan State University
- Associate’s of Science degree in Engineering, 1999 – Community Colleges of Baltimore County
- Farsi (Spoken)
- “Expedited Examination Takes a Step Backwards for Applicants Under the New Glossary Pilot Program,” Bloomberg BNA Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal, July 18, 2014.
- “Good News From The Patent Prosecution Highway,” Law 360, May 22, 2014.
- “Designing a Smooth 19.44 Clock Using a Phase-Locked Loop,” Lockheed Martin Publications, November 2004.
- “Design of an Artificial Cochlea using Digital Filters on a Field Programmable Gate Array,” Center of Sensor Technologies Publication, October 2002.
- “Performance of a Multi-Platform Scalable Graphic Cluster System,” The Legacy of National Technical Association, October 2001.
- “A Scalable Graphics Cluster System on a Linux Platform,” MSU Proceedings, August 2001.
Professional Organizations: Attendance at Annual Conferences
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)